One for the bathroom, another for the kitchen, the windows, the wooden floor and the shower – You have 10 different cleaning products at home – and one of them is more expensive & toxic than the other? Better save your money and space in the cleaning cabinet: with only a few household products you can easily and cheaply make your own cleaning and washing supplies.
Living room or a chemistry lab?
The advantages of homemade cleaning supplies
Conventional cleaning supplies usually contain substances that are harmful to the body, but also to the environment. If you make your own cleaning supplies at home, simply leave out these toxins and use biodegradable components.
3 recipes for your household
DIY – Detergent
- 100 g olive soap
- 150 g pure soda powder
- 150 g baking soda
- 100 g Citric acid (ONLY for white laundry for a bleaching effect)
- Finely grate the olive soap
- Mix all ingredients
- Pour mixture into a glass and protect from moisture
1 tablespoon of detergent is sufficient for one wash cycle. If the laundry is very dirty, you can also use 2 tablespoons.
DIY – Dishwashing Detergent
- 35 g Olive oil soap
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 800 ml water
- Finely grate the olive oil soap
- Bring the water to boil and add the rasps
- Finally stir in the baking soda
- Pour liquid into a bottle
Scrub pots or pans as you would scrub them with ordinary dishwashing detergent. As there are no other preservatives, you should prepare the amount of detergent you need for the next 1-2 weeks.
All-purpose cleaner for floors and surfaces
- 1 part vinegar
- 2 parts water
- Orange or lemon peel (or essential oil)
- Mix all ingredients in a glass
- Leave the mixture to ferment with the lid closed. The longer the better.
- Clean until you drop!