Spring cleaning takes on a new meaning this year. Because whoever comes home now from shopping or other urgent errands from outside should not only wash their hands thoroughly.
In order to protect yourself and your family from infection with the new coronavirus, it is important to regularly clean your home of germs. The Covid-19 virus can survive for up to 72 hours on surfaces such as plastic and stainless steel and for up to 24 hours on cardboard. I have collected the most important tips on how to keep your environment clean for you below.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces, such as tables, worktops, light switches, door handles, handles that are used / touched several times a day. It is best to first clean the surface with household cleaner and water and then disinfect it in a second step.
- Wash your hands several times a day for at least 20 seconds with soap and water especially if you had to go outside to run important errands – but especially after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Use a disinfectant afterwards, which you can also easily do yourself.
- Ventilate several times a day to circulate fresh air.
- Wear gloves when washing and handling clothes, bedding, towels etc. of a sick person in the household and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.
- You should also wear gloves to clean the dishes in the kitchen.
Hygiene, solidarity, and support is important in the situation we are in at the moment. So make sure that you take good care of yourself, so that there is no risk for the people around you.